Colorado Buffaloes kicker Davis Price was named the Pac-12's special teams player of the week for his performance against Oregon State. The freshman scored 11 points (5 PAT, 2 FG) in relief of Diego Gonzalez, who suffered a season-ending injury against Michigan. Price set a CU freshman record for the longest field goal made (54 yards) in Saturday's 47-6 victory. He came to CU as a walk-on and started the season unlisted on the depth chart.
Prince joins quarterbacks Sefo Liufau and Steven Montez as the third Buff this season to receive conference player of the week honors.
Receiver Shay Fields and defensive end Jimmie Gilbert received honorable mention for this past weekend. Fields finished with seven receptions for 169 yards and three touchdown against the Beavers. Gilbert tallied two sacks and two forced fumbles in the game.
Here's the rest of the players from the Pac-12 receiving honors.
Offensive: Davis Webb, Sr., QB, California
• The nation's leader in passing TDs (22), passing yards (2,143), completions (160) and passing attempts (257) completed 22-of-35 passes for four touchdowns in a 28-23 victory over No. 18 Utah.
• Each of Webb's four touchdown passes were for at least 24 yards including a 56-yarder to Demetris Robertson in the fourth quarter that proved to be the winning margin.
• Webb has thrown for at least four touchdowns and over 300 yards for the fifth consecutive game.
• It was Cal's second straight over a ranked team for the first time since 2009.
Defensive: Psalm Wooching, Sr., OLB, Washington
• Wooching earned National Defensive Player of the Week honors from the Walter Camp Foundation after notching three sacks in the Huskies' 44-6 win over No. 7 Stanford.
• Washington's defense held the Cardinal to just 29 rushing yards and 184 passing, sacking the Stanford QBs a total of eight times. Coming into the game, the Cardinal had allowed just four sacks total in three prior games.
•Wooching finished with six total tackles (five solo, one assist) and also forced a fumble on one of his sacks.
Offensive: Juju Smith-Schuster, USC; Armand Shyne, UTAH; Kenneth Walker III, UCLA; Jamal Morrow, WSU
Defensive: James Looney, CAL; Hercules Mata’afa, WSU; Kenn Young, UCLA; Jonathan Lockett, USC
Special Teams: Zane Gonzalez, ASU; Nick Porebski, OSU; Christian McCaffrey, STAN, Adarius Pickett, UCLA
|Oct. 3||Davis Webb, CAL||Psalm Wooching, WASH||Davis Price, COLO|
|Sept. 26||Steven Montez, COLO||Solomon Thomas, STAN||Zane Gonzalez, ASU|
|Sept. 19||Chad Hansen, CAL||Treston Decoud, OSU||Zane Gonzalez, ASU|
|Sept. 12||Kalen Ballage, ASU||Sunia Tauteoli, UTAH||Adoree' Jackson, USC|
|Sept. 5||Sefo Liufau, COLO||Troy Dye, ORE||
Mitch Wishnowsky, UTAH
Great work, Davis.