Last Saturday the Colorado Buffaloes managed to get in the win column for the first time in the 2014 season with a 41-38 triumph over the Massachusetts Minutemen. The Buffs came back from a 11-point second half deficit and held off a late charge from UMass but did not cover the 17-point spread.
This week the Buffs welcome the Arizona State Sun Devils to Boulder for the home opener on Saturday. The spread, after opening with the Buffs as 13.5 home underdogs, quickly jumped to 14.5 and will likely continue to rise leading up to kickoff. The Buffs have struggled immensely against Todd Graham and the Sun Devils over the past few seasons, losing 54-13 in 2013, 51-17 in 2012 and 48-14 in 2011.
The Sun Devils have gotten off to a fast start in 2014 with wins over Weber State and on the road at New Mexico. In both games they scored over 40 points but the revamped defense has allowed the opposition to score more points than what was expected from teams that were greatly over-matched.
Quarterback Taylor Kelly has started the season with 430 yards and three touchdowns while running back D.J. Foster has already accumulated 363 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Buffs will have their hands full in Boulder this Saturday.
- Buffaloes vs. Minutemen - Video Highlights
- Buffaloes Survive UMass 41-38
- College Football TV schedule week 2: How to watch, game times, channels, and live streaming
- Colorado Buffaloes vs. Massachusetts Minutemen: Enemy Intel with Hustle Belt
- Colorado Buffaloes Vs. Massachusetts Minutemen: The Preview