Running Back Phillip Lindsay was one of 16 Buffaloes who worked out in front of representatives from 29 different NFL teams Wednesday afternoon in Boulder at Colorado’s Pro Timing Day. And the Buffaloes all-time leader in all-purpose yards (5,760) – who wasn’t invited to last week’s NFL Scouting Combine – did NOT disappoint.
Lindsay ran a 4.39 second 40-yard dash, which would’ve placed him second among all 32 running backs at the combine behind only NC State’s Nyheim Hines (4.38).
Check that: Phillip Lindsay just ran a 4.39 40 at CU’s Pro Day pic.twitter.com/ybig3ahfQv— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) March 7, 2018
His 35.5-inch vertical leap would’ve tied him with Hines for ninth among combine participants.
Phillip Lindsay with a vertical leap of 35.5 inches #cubuffs pic.twitter.com/bwxvKatEeY— Brian Howell (@BrianHowell33) March 7, 2018
Here’s a look at Phillip Lindsay’s FULL measurements & results from CU’s Pro-Timing Day:
Height: 5’7” 2/8
Weight: 184 pounds
Bench press: 14 reps (225 pounds)
Vertical jump: 35.5″
40-yard dash: 4.39 seconds
Broad jump: 10’4″
Other news and notes from CU’s Pro-Timing Day:
- Wide receiver Shay Fields equaled Lindsay’s 35.5-inch vertical jump and did 13 reps on the bench press. (via Chase Howell, BuffStampede.com contributor)
- Offensive tackle Jeromy Irwin – who was honorable mention All-Pac-12 last season - checked in at 6’4” 7/8, 306 pounds and did 28 reps on the bench. (via Chase Howell, BuffStampede.com contributor)
- Free safety Afolabi Laguda – who was invited but did not play in January’s East-West Shrine – had vertical jump of 36 inches. (via Brian Howell, Colorado Buffaloes beat writer for Buffzone.com & the Boulder Daily Camera)
- Outside linebacker Derek McCartney did 21 reps on the bench press and ran an impressive 4.78 40-yard dash (via Mike Klis, covers the Broncos for 9News)
- Strong safety Ryan Moeller did 19 reps on the bench press. (via Chase Howell, BuffStampede.com contributor)
- Defensive Back and potential first round pick Isaiah Oliver - who ran a 4.5 40-yard dash at the combine Monday - posted a vertical leap of 35.5 inches at CU’s Pro-Timing Day. (via Brian Howell, Colorado Buffaloes beat writer for Buffzone.com & the Boulder Daily Camera)
- Running back Michael Adkins II, wide receiver Bryce Bobo, defensive end/outside linebacker Timothy Coleman, tight end/fullback/defensive end George Frazier, kicker Diego Gonzalez, running back Tanner Grzesiak, defensive end Leo Jackson III, offensive guard Gerrad Kough and wide receiver Devin Ross also worked out on Wednesday.