The Colorado Buffaloes was selected to the National Invitational Tournament, but not everything is normal.
The NCAA is experimenting with rules changes that will be enacted in NIT games that Colorado will have to suffer through and adjust quickly to. Those rules are:
- Quarters! Each half will broken up into two 10-minute segments.
- Team fouls reset after each quarter.
- Each quarter begins with a tip-off between each team’s shortest player.
- Each team has four (4) fouls to give before two free throws are awarded (not one-and-one) for each foul committed.
- In overtime, each team three (3) fouls to give before free throws are awarded.
- Free throws attempted by the team’s leading scorer have to be attempted underhanded.
- When the ball is inbounded in the front court, teams have a 20-second shot clock.
I only made two of those up.