Former Providence guard Josh Fortune is heading to Boulder after deciding to transfer to Colorado over LSU and Valparaiso.
BREAKING --- Providence transfer Josh Fortune has committed to Colorado, his mom told @CBSSports. Story coming.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) July 2, 2014
Fortune, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard, averaged 8.4 points last season and shot 35 percent from three-point range. Once he got comfortable in his sophomore season he stepped up his play in a big way. After putting up double figures only six times in the Friars' first 22 games he reached the figure in nine of the final 13 contests of the 2013-14 season.
He will have to sit out the upcoming season after transferring and will be ready to take the court in the 2015-16 season. Fortune is the logical choice to get a lot of playing time after Askia Booker finishes up his eligibility with the Buffaloes.
Here's a Fox Sports inside look at Fortune's background.
- What new verbal commit Tim Lynott bring to the Buffaloes
- Buff Bites: Collier hopes to make an impact at CU in year one
- Staying Home: Offensive guard Tim Lynott commits to the Buffaloes
- How will Spencer Dinwiddie help the Detroit Pistons
- 2014 NBA Draft: Spencer Dinwiddie selected by the Detroit Pistons