Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
A weekly look at projected destinations and match-ups for the Buffaloes in the 2013 NCAA Tournament.
WIth four games remaining in the 2012-13 college basketball regular season, the Colorado Buffaloes are starting to get an idea of where they may land in the NCAA Tournament. Anything but a total collapse should see the Buffs reach the tourney for a second year in a row, but the team still has a ton of work to do to be considered safe. One win in this weeks Northern California road trip will keep the Buffs right on track, but two losses will put a ton of pressure on CU to hold serve at home in the final two games against the Oregon schools.
Let's take a look at where the Buffs stand new before some new projections come out tomorrow...
- Brad Evans of Yahoo has the Buffs coming in as a nine-seed along with North Carolina, Oklahoma, and California.
- Chris Dobbertean of SB Nation has the Buffs making the tournament as a nine-seed playing Memphis in Philly.
- Joe Lunardi of ESPN has the Buffs making the tournament as an 10-seed playing San Diego State in Kansas City.
- Andy Glockner of SI has the Buffs making the tournament as an 10-seed playing Ohio State in Philly (I do not like that match-up.
- Jerry Palm of CBS has the Buffs making the tournament as a nine-seed taking on VCU in Auburn Hills.
With one win this week Colorado will probably hang around the same seed. Two losses could see them slip onto the bubble while two wins would see them continue up the ladder.