BOULDER CO - NOVEMBER 20: A general view of the stadium as the Colorado Buffaloes face the Kansas State Wildcats at Folsom Field on November 20 2010 in Boulder Colorado. Colorado defeated Kansas State 44-36. (Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)
Colorado Buffaloes first year head coach Jon Embree has released his first depth chart of consequence as the team begins preparing for week one opponent Hawaii. Not a whole lot of surprises from what we had expected to see, but there were a few notable exceptions.
- First up was the information that we already knew, freshman (he's used his redshirt season because he took classes last year) punter Darragh O'Neill has earned the starting role over incumbent Zach Grossnickle. O'Neill is a walk-on who is playing organized football for the first time ever. Wow.
- True freshman wide receiver Tyler McCulloch alongside Toney Clemons at the X position.
- Offensive line is (from left to right) David Bakhtiari, Ethan Adkins (with Paulay Asiata listed as his backup), Daniel Munyer and Gus Handler, Ryan Miller, and Jack Harris.
- As expected, Tony Jones is listed as the number two running back.
- Will Pericak and Chidera Uzo-Diribe are listed as the starting defensive ends with Conrad Obi taking over the nose tackle spot. Interesting to see the 3-4 alignment on paper.
- Doug Rippy, Jon Major, Josh Hartigan and Derrick Webb are listed as the starting linebackers, again due to the 3-4 defensive front.
- Travis Sandersfeld and Greg Henderson were named the starters at the cornerback positions. Yep, a freshman has won the job.
- Prepare for some stressful punt returns with Richardson and Speedy receiving. Please stay healthy, please stay healthy...
You can check out the full depth chart here. What does everyone think?