I know it would be nice to get some more practices under the belts of returning players but with no bowl to plan for the entire staff is concentrating on recruiting. Embree is currently in New Orleans trying to pick up a commit from Gerron Borne, a 6'2" DT. He is currently committed to Arizona but plans on decommitting soon.
Some big names will be paying a visit to the CU campus this weekend.
- DT Tyler Henington ***
- RB/FB Clay Norgard *** (now ranked as the 4th best FB in the nation by Rivals)
- WR Gerald Thomas *** (runs a 4.3 in the 40)
- DE De'Jon Wilson *** (from H.D. Wilson H.S)
- CA OT Nico Siragusa *** (offers from WSU, Oregon State and San Diego State)
- JC OT Alexandru Ceachir http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmXi377O-1k (Can he qualify academically?)
- TX S Leo Thomas *** (Another offer from Arizona, Ht: 6-3 Wt: 175)
- DC CB Kenneth Crawley **** (Fellow teammate of Sherrard Harrington and D'jon Wilson. Committed to Tennessee but if we can get him to switch that would be a huge get) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kenneth-Crawley-113285
- NEW - Deaysean Rippy **** his player profile says he's visiting Pitt but I am hearing he'll be at CU so not 100% on this http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4587758
- CA WR/CB Jonavaughn Williams Ht: 6'0" Wt: 195 no stars but impressive offer list - Arizona, ASU, San Diego State, Washington, Oregon State http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jonavaughn-Williams-128831 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3uMPrTb1as
- OL CA Steven Moore *** Ht: 6'7" Wt: 265 (Yet another Arizona de comitt) http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5534403
- DE CA Kyle Kelly **** Ht: 6'3" Wt: 205 (comitted to Arizona but we've seen the trend) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kyle-Kelley-124163 He will be visiting next weekend 12/9/11
- DE JC Morgan Breslin Ht 6'3" Wt 245 (soft verbal to UCLA) http://colorado.scout.com/a.z?s=148&p=8&c=1&nid=5480180
There is a cold front moving into Colorado which should keep temps in the mid 20’s to mid 30’s all weekend. On the other hand the fresh snow on the Flat Irons should be impressive.