27) San Diego State
28) West Virginia
29) NC State
See my Big 12 Rankings as well as some notes about my ballot after the jump...
Big 12 Rankings:
3) Oklahoma State
6) Kansas State
8) Texas A&M
10) Iowa State
11) Texas Tech
Notes On The Rankings:
- Oregon's dominate performance combined with Ohio State's struggles against Illinois helped me to define the top three. I'm struggled with Boise State and almost moved them down. Let's face it, once the teams a few spots below them sort themselves out then they are going to jump the Broncos unless Oregon State and Virginia Tech start to play a lot better. It's all I have to go on right now.
- I moved Oklahoma above Nebraska because of the strength of their overall resume. Air Force and Florida State are proving themselves to be some pretty solid wins and I have a pretty good feeling that Cincinnati will finish one or two in the Big East, even after the poor start. Nebraska's game against Kansas State on Thursday will give us a better idea of what to expect from both of those teams.
- Big match this weekend between Miami and Florida State that will finally see an ACC team rise above the pack a bit. Even though it's in Miami I'm thinking that the Seminoles will pull it out (it's not like Miami is that hard of a place to play) with a defense that has continued to improve since the Oklahoma game.
- How about some love for the State of Colorado with Air Force in the rankings? I loved those uniforms that they wore last weekend.
- Big 12: Whoa, Iowa State, where did that come from? Iowa State has certainly improved under Paul Rhodes, but I'm going to chalk up just as much of that win to Texas Tech's ineptitude. Tuberville has his work cut out for him. A loss to Baylor this weekend will all but ensure a place in the South division cellar with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Texas A&M. I mentioned Kansas State - Nebraska earlier, but the more I think about it, the more I start realizing how big this Missouri game is for the Buffaloes. Because it's on the road and everyone has basically already made up their minds about Colorado, a Buffs road win would really open some eyes and shake up the North division outlook.